Increasing Your Online Influence
Right now, thousands of people are struggling to find a better way to increase their company’s influence online.
At Fluid Studio, we’ve relayed the benefits of utilizing aspects of Facebook and Twitter, and how Search Engine Optimization firms (SEO) can help get a website indexed with major search engines, but how about some advice from the web’s brightest minds (outside the Salt Lake area)?
Copyblogger.com relates the results of a marketing conference that asked 60 of the most influential people of the web to speak on influence for 60 seconds.
60 speakers, 60 minutes total.
This may have been the shortest marketing conference ever.
Here are some of the most effective points of advice.
- “Know where you’re going – because who would want to follow you if you don’t know where you’re going?” Liz Strauss
- “Create content that stands for something” Joe Pulizzi
- “Invest more time mapping a strategy for not just using social media, but for integrating social media with other tactics.” Sergio Balegno
- “Improve the buttons on your landing page. Can you make your button bigger?” Anne Holland
- “Each month, on the first of the month, assign yourself 3 digital trends you’ve been hearing about and do a test drive.” Laurel Touby
- “People either identify and connect with your story or don’t. Have a story that’s worth telling.” Michael Margolis
- “Defy convention where it’s appropriate. Only a few people dare to step outside. And people take notice of that.” Johnny B. Truant
- “Stop talking about your products and service. People don’t care about products and services; they care about themselves.” David Meerman Scott
- “What you’re looking for is long-term relationship. You don’t want to gain influence and lose influence.” Chris Garrett
- “Think about social media not as its own strategy, but a strategy to enhance your existing marketing and business goals.” Aaron Kahlow
All 60 tidbits of advice can be found here.
Creating a successful web presence is essential to compete in today’s market; Fluid Studio can bring years of experience and expertise to the table and help launch your already great ideas into the minds of your customers.